Immigration Lawyer Sydney About Visa

This visa allows points-tested skilled workers who do not have a sponsorship from an employer or family relative or nominated by a state or territory government to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident with full work rights.

This visa also allows you to include your spouse, de facto or same-sex partner, dependent children and other dependent family members in your application provided they can show that they meet the necessary health and character requirements. About this Visa click the link Immigration Lawyer Sydney

Who can apply for this visa subclass?

lodge an Expression of Interest via SkillSelect and subsequently receive an invitation from the Department of Immigration before application
be between the ages of 18 and 49
pass the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the skilled migration points test
possess competent English skills or higher
meet the health and character requirements


Why use Turner Coulson Immigration Lawyers?

Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) visa can be refused for a number of reasons. The Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) visa application also has strict criteria which all must be met and only very limited waiver provisions for age, English language and skill requirements exist.

It is essential that the application is assessed, structured and lodged in a way to satisfy all applicable DIBP law and policy. Turner Coulson (Immigration Lawyers Sydney) has years of experience handling the most complex cases and achieving positive outcomes in circumstances where the applicant would have failed if we were not involved.


Who can apply for this visa subclass?


To apply for the Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 887), an individual must:


  • Lodge the application while in Australia
  • Have held one of the following visas for two years before applying for the 887:
    • Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
    • Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
    • Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
    • Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487) or
    • Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa.
  • Have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for a minimum of two years
  • Have worked full time (at 35 hours a week minimum) for at least 12 months
  • Meet the necessary health and character requirements
Updated: June 12, 2019 — 5:40 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *